Monday, April 09, 2007

Where did the time go?

Already six days since I last blogged! Wow, time flies!
Let's see what have we been us to?
Last Week Thursday Duner took the boys up to the cabin for Easter Break. I had to work so I stayed home. I loved it! I went swimming, shopping and was able to quickly pick up my house before enjoying some wine, and going to bed. I am absolutely no fun when it comes to alcohol, I get so tired and just want to sleep. It was such a nice way to get ready for bed.

On Friday, after work, I came home slowly got ready to make my way up to the cabin as well. I didn't want to go. It is so boring when all you can do is sit inside. I used to love goin up in the winter because the open floor plan was so different from what we had at home, but now If we can't go swimming, boating or walking in the woods, I would rather just be home.

I got up there by 8pm, Duner and the boys were just finishing up their cherry pies cooked over the campfire. The whole cabin smelled of campfire. The boys were in and out the entire day. They were cutting up fallen trees and also our christmas tree from our house. They had fun burning but they had to come in a few times to warm up.

We all slept in the living room. We had decided to come home Saturday and so we didn't want to make all these beds to only sleep in them one night and wash the sheets. Duner hates to make any beds, so the previous night they had done the same thing.

Zeb had told Duner that he was all packed, luckily Duner checked what Zeb had 'packed' and found 7 shirts and that was it. So Duner packed 2 other changes of clothes. Zeb hates to be wet. He has a habit of waiting to late to go potty, so inevitably he has a couple drops that make him wet. He always changes his clothes then. He went though those clothes 2 x.

We watched a movie that night and then went to bed. The next morning the kids woke up before we did. I didn't sleep well at all in that sofa bed. Thankfully Duner had some donuts for the kids to munch on so I could try to sleep in a bit.
Duner and the boys went out to move some more trees and I got a chance to give the cabins bathroom a very good, and much deserved, cleaning. Zeb was afraid to use the bathroom with out his boots due to the dead bugs.
We also changed out the ceiling fan, the old one had died.
It was so nice to come home. We took different ways to see if there was a faster way. Duner had all the boys in the Durango with him. I had to grab something out of the Durango just before Duner got in and Brock said to me "What?? We're going with you?".
As if I am THAT bad.

No comments: