Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 5: More Bowling... More fun center?

Friday was doubles and singles tournaments for Duner, He knew the kids would be bored, so we dropped him off and headed to Hinkle fun Center again for some entertainment. We still had some credits for game machines to use up. So we did that and headed out to Tropical smoothie cafe to have some lunch, and as soon as we were finished Duner was ready to be picked up.

We swung by and got him and headed out to the Movies with the kids. We saw Dr. Suess's Horton hears a Who (Zeb,Reece and I) and 10000 B.C. (Duner and Brock) Both were neat. Getting some popcorn and soda was a unique experience it was more like a buffet than a movie theater. They even had ice cream.

We stopped at REI after the movie and checked out some biking and hiking gear. I picked up a camelpack for water while riding my bike for $12 bucks, on clearance.

Right now Duner and the boys are at the pool as I write this. It is a nice break for me.

We had a wind storm roll through here today. I saw a LOT of tumble weeds getting crumbled by cars. Gusts up to 55 mph, lots of sand, it kind of reminds me of being up at the cabin.

Brock says he wants to live here when he gets older. I was surprised to learn that 800,000 people live here. The average age is 36. I truly have only met one person in this town that seemed like they hate their jobs, they seem to be really laid back. We really like the frontage road/ highway systems they have here. Really user friendly.

Tomorrow we are going to me a fellow blogger called Geek girl. I have been reading her blog since July and realized she lives in the area. I emailed her and she was nice enough to agree to meet me and the family on Saturday!

Todays temp 69, but VERY WINDY.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm so happy you'll get to meet GeekGirl. I love her blog and I bet you'll have a great time!

She's so inspirational, especially for me, who probably is as slow of a runner as she is.