Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sick Soup

(or Kiddie Cocktail)

This week has been one of much sickness. Any where you are you hear about how someone else is sick somehow. I don't know what is going on all over, but Friday, Reece had a infected left ear, so he is on antibiotics and ear drops. He began that on Friday but was just so miserable. I figured once the antibiotic got in him and had a chance to work he would be fine. We ended up going up to the adult dose of Advil, because that was the only thing that was helping him.
Saturday went pretty good, Advil was working. But today the Advil didn't do the trick. He was faithfully using the hot water bladder and taking his pain med but it wasn't helping today. I wasn't terrible this afternoon, while we were at my parents house, but shortly after we came home he slowly began to complain of more pain and now in both ears.
At 7pm I gave him Advil and by 9pm, still had no relief. I ended up calling the Dr on call, which happened to be Dr Al and he gave me a recipe for a Relief Cocktail.

4 kids chewable Benedryl
2 more Advil
2 Tylenol

So far, one hour later, he seems to have quieted down. I am pretty sure the benedryl has something to do with that. Hopefully the Antibiotic kicks in and he will be better soon.

No comments: