Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just as Painful as the drill...

On Tuesday I took the kids and I to the Dentist for some check ups.

Kid #1 (Reece) was my pain in the neck as far as teeth brushing went. It was SUCH A STRUGGLE to get him to brush. I literally had to show him how bad they looked before he would react.

Kid #2 (Zeb) was following Kid #1's lead. He didn't think the rules applied to him. He liked to think he had 'it' down. He knew when to brush and DID NOT NEED TO BE TOLD WHEN IT WAS TIME TO BRUSH. Lil' Mr. Independent...

Kid #3(Brock) was very faithful on brushing. He even wanted to buy mouthwash with some of his birthday money. I ended up buying it, but still. I HARDLY had to remind him to brush. In fact, many times he would remind me about the others.

Mom (Me) I wasn't perfect, but I improved in the flossing. For the longest time I was afraid I was going to pull out a filling with it, so I DREADED it. I had been using the 'Dentist Recommended" ACT mouthwash, at times. I hated it, pulling it out... unscrewing the 'safety' top... and putting it back... I wish it just had a spout on it like the sink.

So... Who do you think had the cavities and needs 2 fillings? Who needs 4 fillings? Who needed a sealant redone (at no cost to us! Yay) and Who had the annoying broken filling that needed to be replaced?

What is that I hear? Why it is the sound of money flying out the door as I type this!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Um....I'm hoping it wasn't you that needed the FOUR (!) fillings!

You know, J's teeth are really really bad, and he hasn't been to a dentist in a long time. I told him....get the dental insurance, because you are going to need it. And even that is only $1000 a year in coverage. You can spend a lot of money at the dentist quickly!

Duners2 said...

It was Zeb that needed the 4! Poor kid, he is going to be not a happy boy! They broke them up into 2 appointments. I had the broken filling, Brock had 2 cavities! And Reece had the sealant that was replaced for free.