Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Unexpected Time off this Week.

Just before we left for our trip Duner was supposed to sign up for voluntary time off at the 'old job' since he was supposed to start the new one after we got back.

He conveniently forgot. I was NOT HAPPY.

So he had to work BOTH JOBS for the first week. So this week he actually took off at the old job so he could work at BJ's and the new job.

Well, he no longer has the 'new job'. They released him yesterday. That has never happened to him before, but they said they had too many complaints about him taking long breaks and standing around. Ok, If you are training and you don't know what to do.... what are you supposed to do? I think it had to do with a comment he made to a manager that told him he is not supposed to use his cell phone on their property. Instead of saying "Oh, Ok." He had to make a not so smart comment about how "other people can smoke on the property..blah, blah, blah." (Why?I wish I knew???)

After he told me, I thought 'Oh No!' I knew it wasn't good. I think that comment put Duner on the 'Watch List". I think he was tired and crabby, and NOT THINKING.

He is now off from the 'old job' this week, but he has to work a lot at BJ's, so it is not so bad.
It just stinks, knowing how solid the NEW company was and how unstable to old one is. Yikes.

So, Grandma, No need to take care of Zeb this week.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. But seriously, if their management can't deal with someone questioning their policy, then maybe it is for the best. But maybe Duner should have shut up and kept his head down too. There's something to be said for treading softly on unfamiliar ground.