Saturday, April 26, 2008

Too big Too Fast!

I come home from work Friday and I get a paper from Reece telling me that he will be having a class soon discussing Puberty. They like to call it Growth and Human development. I have to acknowledge that I received it.

It will discuss terminology, basic male and female anatomy, menstruation, personal care such as hygiene, diet, exercise , and emotional changes. Yay.

I live with all boys. I am the only girl. Even our two dogs, Thunder and Lightning are boys. I don't have all the answers for them.

Reece begins to ask me questions about what they are going to discuss. I start to read off the sheet what it says. He says "I read the sheet, but what are they going to say?" Good Question, but I don't know. They did include a sheet of new routines for puberty, but he apparently read that, I didn't know what else to say.

Then Brock chimes in....
"Mom, can I start dating?" he says.
"Ah, sure, ok." I reply.

Which prompted questions such as "Do I have to know a girl before I ask her out?" Uh, I think that is a very good idea...
or "Can you show me how to kiss a girl?" Uh, INCEST? Not my thing. I told him he was kind of on his own there. It's kind of trial and error. I was driving at the time, I can multi-task at times but with my driving record, I have been trying to keep that to a minimum. That one I was not expecting. This is a kid I have to ask to shower at least every other day. Sheesh.

"I need a job, maybe I can work at a farm or something?"he says. "So I can have money to buy her things."
"How do I get to know her?" Brock asked.
Reece chimed in "Just ask her questions about what she likes, pay attention to what she talks about." Obviously, Reece-o Sauvee here, knows a bit that may help me. I took full advantage of that. Some of the questions I just can't remember, there was so many as the night went on. I had taken the kids to a movie at the cheap seats theater. I love that place. They all loved the movie. It was Spiderwick Chronicles.

I tried to ask if Brock had anyone in mind to date, but he refused to answer. Times are changing so fast. I never know what to say these days! Where was DAD? At his part-time job of course.

Thankfully I had to work all day today, so I warned Duner that he maybe getting hit with some questions from the boys.

Time to do some internet research.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a movie to suggest for brock in reference to dating. The name of the Movie is "Hitch" It stars Will Smith, and while it is a romantic comedy it does give some great pointers on dating and how to meet women/girls. It also stresses the one thing that Reese-o-suavee already knows. 'Listen and respond.'

Anonymous said...

Oh and PS: You may also want to advise him that bathing is the best dating tool. No girl in Jr High/High School is going to go out with someone who does not bathe on a regular basis.

Sara said...

I think that Reece has this down. Listen and respond. Reece is wise beyond his years. And hopefully, the right girl won't want to be bought "things" but really enjoy his company.