Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Now ...Entering

...the Craziness of Summer season in the Wienandt Household....

Ok. So We have this basement project going on, and have been busy visiting the local home improvement stores to get the best deals for our supplies. Currently we are figuring out what to do with the shower and duct work. We picked up some lights and electrical. We also had an electrician install power and cable above our fireplace, and a cable jack in Reece's room. Reece doesn't know it yet. (Shhhh!)

Thursday we are finishing up the Spin classes that Reece and I are doing at the Y. He has gotten to love to run right after our spin class. We usually do about 4 laps around the track after each session. You can see his self esteem increase with each session. He hates to do and whines a little bit, but it is for sure worth it! He is beginning to slim down.


Today I signed up Zeb for Tumbling and T-ball. Duner is really excited about t ball. Zeb is pretty excited today too. He came home from school today and announced they played t ball at school. Then he asked if he was beginning T ball tomorrow. I told him he has to wait until April 26th for it to start. But at least he will begin tumbling super stars on Monday!

Reece began his soccer season on Sunday. It was good to see him get back to an active sport that he loves to do. I think he is toying with the idea of running with me sometime this summer. I only have signed up for the one triathlon, so maybe we will do a few smaller runs this summer together. I love seeing him light up when we finish our workouts. I am hoping we are just getting started.

Brock has a few summer school classes going on this summer. He has keyboarding class first in June, (not his choice) then he has the woodworking class he loves in July. He really didn't like the fact that this year it is at the high school instead of the Jr High. I like it, since he is closer to my work so I can bring him to and from that class.

We had such a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND here in Wisconsin, I was actually able to make it outside to run! I hadn't done that since fall last year. I went 3.34 miles! In 35 minutes! I was pretty excited, that was very good without the help of a treadmill telling me how fast I am going AND without my ipod! I am not sure what happened but it bleeped out on me and now the only music I have is classical or a guy talking about Love. I think It has seen its last run... I know the shuffle ipod's have recently become less than $50 bucks. Maybe I can use my upcoming government check to 'stimulate' the economy by buying a ipod shuffle.
My bike was just dropped off at a local bike shop to get a tune up. It was snowing tonight. Not exactly road bike weather. Hopefully it warm up again this weekend so I can get out there!

No comments: