Saturday, June 11, 2005

Kids Update
Yesterday the boys went with Aunt Sara to Mead Pool, it is a local pool that has all the newest options as far as fun in the sun. I completely forgot sunscreen for them and they developed a nice lobster like appearence. Opps. Brock could use some color.

We will be heading to a flag day parade today that one of Reece's friends will be in. We will be meeting up with Aunt Sara and go to the parade with her before she heads up back to Verona. The boys just love it when she comes to Appleton.

Tomorrow we will leave bright and early for the Cabin up north. We will have Jacob with us. He is Reece's friend. He is such a nice kid. We don't mind having him around one bit!
We are going to take him to slippery Rock. His mom said she loved it there when she was a kid. Who knew it was such a well known spot. It is not like there is any signs to point it out. to direct you to it. It is just a path way. They boys will probably make a day of it.


FOOD Update

Yeah! 3 lbs down at this weeks Weigh in at Fat Class. In order to better keep track of my points I might start posting them. I am supposed to have 24 in a day, with any option of 35 extra to use for the week total. (I really like that option) so from now on my blog is going to consist of food eaten daily too. If I have more people to hold me accountable, how can I go wrong. Besides I don't need any extra weight for the triathalon next year.

It is a quarter-mile swim, 15 mile bike (I think) and a 3 mile run (or in my case jog). I figure if I can jog the entire 3 miles at least, that in itself will be a HUGE accomplishment! I wasn't even able to jog/run the one mile that they timed everyone each year of school. I ususally did one mile in 15 minutes. That was when I was in 8th grade. I am very close to it, but considering how young I was back then it is sad. I would like to do one mile in 8 to 10 minutes.

So from now on, at least till I can reach my goal (which I haven't set yet) I will boringly discuss the food that I fight daily. It is just way too easy to clean off my kids plates rather then throw the food away. My husband Duner wants to get a lab puppy. Maybe that will help with the plate cleaning issue. At least it won't be thrown out directly. : }

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi honey: I only run a 10-11 minute mile. Don't give yourself too hard of a time for being slow. Slow and steady wins the race. The world is full of people who overdo exercising and can't stick to a regime because of it. I may be slow, but I have fantastic endurance. When I helped my friend Russ move, I was all over those stairs. The guys I was with were huffing and puffing and gasping, and I had no problems. If you are looking to do a triathalon, you need endurance. Cheers!

Duners2 said...

Thanks Sis!
I am very grateful for ALL of your help and encouragement! You help motivate me a Bunch!
Thanks Again!
R.