Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Accountability

Soooo, I signed up with a personal trainer today... (Thanks to Uncle Sam) and my hubby made a wager with me. I NEED TO LOSE 20 lbs or 20% body fat in one year... or else guess who gets to pick up a part time job to pay back the trainer money... Yep, yours truly.

I got measured. Apparently I am equally developed. Except my thighs. my left is bigger? But weaker? Well,hmmm...I have had some knee trouble. Maybe it's related... we'll see. Both my arms the same size but I know my left is weaker. Go figure.

She had me hold a pole over my head and do squats for E.V.E.R. While she took notes of my form. She had to ask assistance from the best darn lookin' personal trainer to check out my back side. Really???? Sheesh. Can you say insecuity?

Then she shows me how to 'correctly' do a push up. HA. HA. Like, I can do ONE? After witnessing my one, she said ok, you can do modified push ups. Thankfully she let me finish after 16. She must have noticed how I was shaking. lol.

At least I was able to hold a full plank position for one minute with minimal shaking...
When I was in labor with one of my kids I started shaking uncontrollably. They said it was hormones (I think?), but now all I have to do is lean up on a ball, on a wall and squat for about 15 seconds and try to make it to 30 seconds while I ATTEMPT to put pressure on my heels. ha.ha. I seriously thought I was going to fall down.

At least when she had me do the some cardio I felt a little better. She thought I was a fast runner. HA. Funny!! I got her fooled there!

Now I have to write down EVERYTHING I eat, and send it to her. At least she gave me a nice calorie range to follow and eat every 3 hours, drink loads of water... but it also means I need to work out 3 to 4 times a week now to.

I meet with her every week for a month, then every two weeks next two months, then monthly...No more slackin' for me I have a Half to run on May 1... and this is all signed up, paid in full.... No backing out.
Promise.

No comments: