Monday, May 16, 2011

All kinds of Crazy

Start yer engines race fans... here we go!
I trying to take in all the craziness that is about to start for the next 6 weeks or so!

1. We head up to Illinois to visit my friend Dez! I miss my try friend. We began the craziness of triathlon together way back at a Sarah Reinertsen fun run in 2008. We complemented each other well since we are both not speedy in the sport and both loved biking! She has been out now for 6 months due to a slipped disc in her back. She was supposed to have surgery, but thanks to insurance companies, it was delayed.

2. My big sister is gettin' hitched this weekend! I am SUPER excited! My kids love Jason, aka, soon to be Uncle... and anytime we can get together with family, especially since we live out of state now it will be fun! My other sister just had a baby in April and I hope I get to meet lil' Logan there!

3. Garden! We are behind due to all the wet weather we had, so we are hoping to get our garden planted before we leave for California on June 1. We have peppers, tomatoes and cantelope plants ready to go in our basement, we just have to get them planted now... *sigh*

4. Alcatraz Triathlon! My friend Jesse is competing in the triathlon and the hubby and I are meeting them in San Francisco to cheer them on! I just love San Francisco. We have been there about 4 or 5 times. There is something about the hills and buildings and water that I just love. We are leaving the kiddos in the very loveable hands of Uncle Ron. He is a sweet guy that 'retired' thanks to the economy and volunteered to fly down and watch the boys for us. It should be easy since their last day of school is May 27th and they do nothing all day. Um, unless I ask them to.

5. High Cliff Triathlon! Two weeks after Alcatraz is the High Cliff Triathlon in Wisconsin, so we will be heading back up to Wisconsin for me to complete the sprint distance on June 18th. So in the gaps and spaces I will be trying to get some miles in for that ordeal. Yikes!

6. Orthodontics! Somewhere in all this crazy I need to get my 8 year old booked at the orthodontist. He is missing 3 adult teeth. The dentist says they are the more common teeth to be missing. Apparently he takes after the hubby in that regard. So, we have to sit down and find out what to do with those spaces and how to make sure the teeth go where they need to. So, on that note, please send your donations to the "No Hillbilly teeth for Zeb" fund. Ha.ha. Ouch.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I laughed at the no hillbilly teeth comment. BTW, Jill said she's not coming. She didn't give a reason, but she's probably overwhelmed. Anyway, as much as I'd like her to be here, I can understand while she can't.