Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spoiled Rotten

So, Friday night my hubby decided he wanted to get dressed up in a shirt and tie and take me out on a date. Like, for real. Like to a place that I can't even pronounce the items on the menu. Kinda like I went to for prom. Yeah, I think that was the last time I was at a 'dress up' type place.

I was absolutely giddy. I was trying to be all, "ok, that will be fun.... but really I was like 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I WOULD LOVE TOO!! I WISH IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED YEARS AGO!!'

He told me to pick out a new dress and get him a new shirt and tie. It was fun taking pictures of dresses and sending them to him at home to vote on them. It was like he was shopping with me but didn't have to suffer too much.

I was impressed with the hubby for actually researching the place to eat at. He was using an online website and read reviews and made an online reservation for 8:15pm.

After dropping off Brock at D&D we headed to the Primavisita resturant.

The reviews called it Cincinnati's best kept secret. 4.5 out of 5 stars. I haven't been to many fancy places like this so I couldn't disagree.
We were seated at a table that we could sit next to each other and directly face the beautiful view!!

As we glance at the menu I noticed the wine list on the table. I knew immediately that I was going to have the Moscoto as soon as I saw it. Yum. I don't drink wine much but when I saw that... I knew it I had to have it. The hubby thought he would try one with the name 'Greg Norman' in it. It was sweet of him to try something new, but he made an awful choice. It was SEVERELY dry and bitter. He did drink it but it wasn't easy.

I warned our server that I would not be able to pronounce the names of the food, she was sweet and said "We have a lot of pointing that goes on around here." Whew.

We ordered a brushetta appetizer. I ordered Pine nut crusted Salmon, the hubby ordered the chef's Veal special.
I don't know what it is about a 'big city' view, but I love it. Especially as it gets dark. When we sat down it was still light out but as the night progressed, the view got better and better.

This was one of those places that you could just hang out all night, enjoying the view and the company.
We decided to take in a movie at Newport on the Levee. Cincinnati Reds were finishing up 10 innings at home and we could hear the cheers and the crowds from across the river. As we headed into the Theater we head the fireworks go off. The Reds had won the game.

We could have ended the night after that and it would have been perfect. We took in a movie. We both were disappointed with the movie. It was the first time I ever thought about walking out of a movie, if we were closer to the front of the theater I probably would have.
But, it was still the best night I have had in a LONG time.

Looking forward to doing it again, soon... <3 <3 <3

No comments: