Tuesday, May 10, 2011

'Cause I Wanna, That's Why!

I am enjoying my diet.

Er, or lack there of. Getting back to da' gooooood stuff!

I am working out, enjoying FUNCTIONAL FITNESS (in addition to my bike,swim and run stuff).
I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not.
Maybe 'cause it is a lifestyle, not a diet.
BE sensible people.
Oh, and I love fooducate! and Paleo foods.

I do love my salt. And dark chocolate.
Did I say not eat a bag of chocolate chips at 9pm? NO WAY! But with almonds? or Walnuts? Yum!
Balance is the key my friends.... okay, okay... and maybe some portion control. HA.HA.

Oh, and WATER, WATER, WATER. My boot camp instructor carries a gallon jug around with him. It says "NOT VODKA!" on it. lol.

I am lucky because I have never been a fan of pasta or bread. Unlike my 16 year old who filled his plate with Mac-n-cheese, rice, and mashed potatoes TWICE on Sunday at Golden Corral! And this kid is skinny!

Last night, I managed to swim some laps for the 2 time in over a year. It was fairly painless! Now, I have no clue how fast or slow I was going. I was going for endurance. I guess you could say I used the 'Galloway' running method. 5 min on and 1 min rest. The best part was, my head didn't feel like it was going to pop off!!! That's never happened before! I do have to get used to breathing again... a bit rusty there.

I am much happier when I avoid the scale and calorie counting. I need to pay more attention to moving, being active and downing my water. Not calories and the stinkin' scale.
I do have a ways to go, but it is getting better and better every day!

Now, please excuse me... it is now time for my weekly beating with my personal trainer.

No comments: