Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Thirteen

1. Overheard on the way home from our trip to Wisconsin this weekend... ‘Oh, no! She’s putting something down. NOW the seatbelt is coming off... Brock quick USE YOUR LEGS!’. All because someone wouldn’t share his twizzlers with me.

2. 5 days until San Fran, I am so excited!

3. Chocolate Raspberry creamer...not a fan. Neither is my family. Zeb said “Why don’t you just throw it out?’

4. 2 crayons + 2 dress shirts, undies, socks, ties, shorts= lots of now red and green marks and Oxi Clean (One full spray bottle and half oxi stick) let’s hope it works!

5. We are storm ready. Last night we had a tornado watch until 5am. Since it the weather likes to lay it on us, we purchased a weather radio. I have batteries in it for back up and figured out how to set it up. I sleep with it next to my head. Sucks having to silence the ‘thunder storm warning’ signal 4x during the night. I have to now figure out if I can have it only alert me of Tornadoes.
We also have blankets and pillows ready in the basement, just in case.
We cleared out a space under the stairs and a heavy metal beam in the basement as our designated ‘go to’ area.

6. My new car was listed as one of the SAFEST small cars!! By the dudes that test cars,not because I said so either!.

7. I had a manicure and pedicure recently. I feel so sorry for those people. Lets just say it wasn’t pretty and my feet are very ticklish. I messed up my thumb 2 x before I left the store. I didn’t say anything after the second time. I felt bad enough the first time. I kinda don’t like that you have to pay before they paint your nails. I feel like they will judge your paint on the tip you give... bad tip? bad nails.

8. Bricks. I did my first Brick (bike and run, er, jog) yesterday! Woo Hoo! 18 mi bike and a short run in da’ hood. I passed many dead reptiles. In Wisconsin, I passed many dead furry creatures. Here, more reptiles. Maybe that explains why I don’t get as many bugs in my face on the bike here.

9 Bugs. Wisconsin has ‘em. Lots. We rented a white car to drive to Wisconsin this past weekend. I forget how many bugs get plastered on the front of your car there. We don’t get ‘em as bad down here at all. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I washed my husbands truck.

10. Apparently a plane crashed back in 1967 near my house. Hmmm. Interesting. This new sign on my bike ride explains it.

11. Only one more day of school. Yay!!! I get my quiet time at the begining of the day again!!!

12. “Everyone remember to thank billie for the bagels. Rock On.” - this the note everyone in the ED saw today as they logged into EPIC. I love my job. (yes, Rock On, was in the note)

13. On Wednesday, (because of #11) I actually made breakfast. ***GASP*** I know. It was bacon and Pancakes. I know. I go ALL OUT. My kids were so excited they asked me to do again the next day. Um. Sorry, not happnening... way too much cleaning is invovled.... unless a maid was involved...hmmmm.

No comments: