Monday, May 30, 2011

Pro.crast.in.ation.

I am SUPPOSED TO BE packing for our trip to California tomorrow while the hubby, the sitter (aka. Uncle Fox) and the kids are melting, um, I mean enjoying the Brewer Vs. Reds game. I am behaving, by putting away some dishes. Testing some dark chocolate and making sure the remote control works correctly for the crew.

So far so good. (I am super excited for Extreme Makeover, fat people edition!! Yay!!)

I just finished a swim at the gym, met a another local triathlete... yay! I was a bit surprised that I didn't drown considering how sore my arms and shoulders still were from Saturday.
Our Trainer gave us a 'challange'...
Run 5 laps (a half mile) with 2 ten pound weights.
Do 50 push ups
Do 25 Burpee's
Do 75 Air squats
Do 25 pull ups
Run 5 more laps with 2 ten pound weights.

Oh, yeah, that was work. A youngster that took pity on my joyfully finished her workout as I was on my 2nd lap in the last set. She said "I'll run with you" in her, oh so-happy-to-be-done-already way. I said' Ok, only if you don't expect me to talk'. I felt a little better as we rounded the last lap and she said to me "Wow, I am really impressed, you didn't even slow down. I was walking on the corners". I may be SLOW but I can endure. : )

Ok, back to work...
I am preparing myself to menatally pack the correct clothes for the cooler temps in Cali. It is going to be in the high 50's the entire time we are there. I REALLY feel bad for those athletes that signed up for the Alcatraz Triathlon. Brrrr!! At least it is nice temps for the bike and run! (um, once they dry off)...
ok, I guess my mental break is over.

Back to procrastinating, opps, I mean PLANNING!
: )

No comments: