Sunday, May 29, 2011

Why I Don't Like Playing in Dirt

1. Spiders. They grow 'em UGLY here in Kentucky. Fuzzy, big and mean looking. Not you typical 'garden' spider. Just the LARGEST JUMPING SPIDER IN NORTH AMERICA. They are also called 'bold' spiders. Yep. I agree. I came over TO ME, pretty sure it wasn't saying 'Hi!'.

2. Dirt. It is dirty. I smelled like manure most of the evening. Even AFTER washing my hands multiple times and showering. Kinda reminded me of the dairy state.

3. Blisters. I h9urt. 1 on my thumb and ALMOST one on my palm just below my pinky. (Poor thing,Cry. Cry. I know)

4. Big Feet. I got big feet. Dirt tends to get uneven when you move it around. Not nice to people with big feet.

5. Sore. My arms and shoulders hate me today. Boot camp probably didn't help yesterday morning. But handling 8 bags of mulch and 20 bags of topsoil, ow.

BUT, it is DONE! Now, we wait. With water and love, we hope to grow some
Zucchini
Canteloupe
Tomatoes
Green peppers
Cucumbers
Corn
Pumpkins
Watermelon
and
Squash.

Hopefully, the 90 degree temps and some humidity will help the seeds take root this week!

No comments: