Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Trainer Tuesday!


This weeks episode of Trainer Tuesday began right off the bat with a beautiful display of my lack of grace and um, memory. Two words. Turkish get-ups.

In addition to making my flaws painfully obvious, it required WAY too much mental control to maintain the perfectly straight arm for this girl. After trying that twice on each side my trainer too pity on me and said, "lets do something else".
Now, THAT is how I spell R-E-L-I-E-F.

Next up? Weight. Room. As in the BIG 'boys' area. I really try to avoid this area, but she lead me straight into the JUNGLE at rush hour, right up to this nice machine that makes you feel like you CAN do pull ups, by putting your knees on a counter weight. The counter weight was like half my weight.
Yes.I.am.Weak.
Hey, that is why I train!

Then she gave me a 10 lb weight and told me to hold in front of me and circle it around my head. I swear, she must have been a cheer leader. When she does it, she has such force and controlled movement. Not me, can you say awkward? Apparently it didn't look like it was too much work so she added 15 more lbs!!! So, there I was swinging a 25 lb weight around my head.
AS IN, the most important part of my body. 8 times one way, 8 times the other. GOOD times.

And to complete that set out, as she was 'trying' to be nice to my legs... she had me do wall sits while holding the 10 lbs out in front of me. Amazingly my tired legs held up well!

And back to the pull up machine... we did that 3x, by the end of the 3rd time my arms felt like I had been braiding my hair for three hours. Ouch.

After that set she worked on the abs. V sits and flutter kicks....grrrr. Flutter kicks are also a great way to showcase the missing athletic ability I have. Also, I was still a bit sore from the half marathon on Sunday, some of the muscles I needed to lift the legs revolted and said 'WTH, WE ARE IN RECOVERY HERE!!' They refused to listen to what my brain was telling them. It was odd thinking 'I will do this' and the legs just sitting there... falling to the floor. Really???? I started to laugh watching the lack of control I had.

It is kinda like after the bike part of a triathlon and get off and start the run and you can't feel the legs for the first mile or so...my legs were moving, but without the connection between the brain and legs.

When I told the trainer 'I can't.' she, very sternly, said 'YES YOU CAN' without missing a beat. I tried. Weakly. Very pathetic. After I said ' I felt that in the legs', she said 'Oh yeah, you ran on Sunday, (giggle) we can be done now'.

Evil, I tell ya! But I still love her and think she is the perfect fit for me!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Those turkish situps look painful!