Monday, May 09, 2011

Back to Boot Camp

This Saturday was my triumphant return to BOOT CAMP. I missed getting beat weekly from JD.He is a former military dude. Very fit. With an insane love for Burpees.
EVIL. Pure and simple.

He said he took it easy on us this week. Ha!

Lets see, Spiderman lunge? Easy?

Burpees for on minute straight? Easy?

The REAL bonus part was when he partnered us up. One of us was to do as many push ups as we can while the other ran around the track once, with a 25 lb weight over head! He made it into a competition to see who could do the most push ups, over a TEN MINUTE time frame. Yep.
So we had to do this for 10 minutes straight. Like hundreds of push ups.
Now, correct me if I am wrong, but something about weaking your arms before you hold heavy weight over your head seems scary. Especially for this girl.
I did GREAT the first lap, only rested my arms once. Did 30 (modified) push ups.
Yes. I did MODIFY the push ups...it was allowed.
The second lap, I rested my arms more. Did about 20 push ups.
Third lap, rested arms a lot. Did about 15 push ups. (begin whimper here)
Fourth lap, lifted weight briefly. Tried to muster my way through 10 push-ups.

Total we managed 146 pushups between the both of us. We do have boys in our class, but the winners of the challange were two girls!! With over 215 pushups!!!! CRAZY Awesome!

When I told my kids about how tired my arms were and why, they asked "Did you cry?". LOL.

And next week is supposed to be 'more challanging'. Oh, Joy!!

No comments: